DGV Nav

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gallery Wall

I have been saying for some time now that I want to do a gallery wall in my formal living room.  Or thinking it, I guess.  I don't really walk around randomly blurting out, "I want to do a gallery wall."  Anyway.  I have this great couch and chair in there, and they just don't go with the old look of the room.  So I have slowly been collecting pieces to create my own little gallery wall.  I love a good gallery wall (apparently I love typing it over and over), but I think they can be so hard to get right.  I culled the internet for some inspiration.  Over on TradHome, there is a great video called something like "Jonathan Adler Vs. Charlotte Moss."  Partway through the video, they show a room designed by Moss that has the perfect gallery wall.  Unfortunately, I have not yet found a still of that room and its perfection.  Hopefully someday I can find that pic, but in the meantime, I can always pause the video to study the room. 
Without further ado, here are some great pics featuring some gorgeous examples of mass displays of art. (Notice that I did not say gallery wall again.  You're welcome.)

[shamirshahdesign.jpg]
In the hallway
image via desire to inspire

In the beroom
via Decorgirl Montreal
design by Pieter Estersohn


Charlotte Moss knows how to do a gallery wall-
this is perfection!
via Decorgirl Montreal

I love the look of a fisheye mirror anchoring the wall.
image via Decorgirl Montreal
In the living room.
design by Charlotte Moss
image via home portfolio
See?  I'm telling you- Charlotte Moss is a genius.
via switcheroom

My Mom had the brilliant idea to ALSO do a
gallery wall in my office.  
found on Lovely Clusters via Shootfactory


You can even have one in the loo-
image from shootfactory
So now I've got to hit the antique stores and the thrift stores so that I can find some cheap art for my (wait for it, wait for it!) Gallery Wall!!!

*update- Look what I found!  The Charlotte Moss room showcased in the Tradhome video.
~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...