DGV Nav

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Navy and Pink


Here is the card I ordered from Crankbunny on etsy.
Alli scratched off the crystal ball and loved seeing her
name printed on the card!  It is so cute; it reminds me of the
Esmerelda fortune teller from Disneyland, which we visit first thing
every time we go to Disneyland. 



My baby turns 11 today.  11 years old!  Where did the time go?!  For her birthday, she primarily wanted clothes.  From Zara.  Which was fine by me.  It meant a trip down to The Grove in L.A. so she could try on clothes.  I'm glad we did this, instead of just ordering online, because the sizing was a little strange on some of the pieces. It was worth it, though, because she has the beginnings of a pretty fantastic spring wardrobe.
Looking for clothes for Alli brought up a lot of navy and pink.  It reminded me of an outfit that I have been in love with for a while now.
Inspiration Photo:

In. Love.
from the very chic blog Atlantic-Pacific
When I saw this photo awhile back, I fell in love with the color combination.  I love navy, and if it is striped navy, forget about it.  Mixing it with pastel pink is inspired, and I am just in love.  Simple as that.  I have been on the hunt for those pants, which are linked to on the site, but sold out/no longer available.  With pastels being big for spring, I was hopeful that I would be able to find what I was looking for, but no luck.


The coloring of the picture isn't the best (the pinks look a little washed out); I snapped it with my phone during a quick trip to the mall.
I love the color combo of blue and pink, though I must admit I have usually styled it with more of a fuschia/hot pink. I have a pair of bright pink pants that I wear with my navy blazer.  Actually, Rebecca rocked that exact outfit for her Christmas cards.

So it doesn't seem to matter what shade of pink you choose; most likely it is going to look pretty fabulous if you pair it with navy.
And if you want to make your little Miss look chic in navy and pink, then definitely head on over to Zara for some great pieces in this classic color combo.

Okay, the website lists this as dark blue, but it looks navy to me.  
This is a new addition to Alli's closet.  In love!
Available from Zara
Navy bird print dress- now also belongs to Alli.



Fuschia dress- Adorable!


for the little missy in your life- at Zara (and the pink are on sale!)
navy snakeskin flats here


I die.  This is a perfect, classic little navy trench

 .

I didn't mean for this to turn into a post strictly for little miss fashion, but all that stuff is so darn cute.  And it is Alli's birthday, after all!  I want some of it for myself.  Right now Alli and I are in the stage where she can (and does!) borrow some of my stuff, but I can't quite borrow any of her stuff just yet.  With the exception of a headband or two.  And maybe a necklace here and there.
Anyway.
Every classy lady needs stationery, so why not go for this chic color combo?!

Lattice Pink Navy note cards, available here

Modern Quatrefoil available here

Alli got two sets of stationery- one is edged in pink and has a gold Eiffel tower embossed on the top, and the other set has a gold embossed A.  Both are sweet and perfect for my little Alli Cat.  



~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...