DGV Nav

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vintage Tea Party

I found this on the British Urban Outfitters site,
but you can get it at Amazon.

I love tea parties.  My Mom has had a Christmas tea party for her friends every year for quite a few years now.  I love all the little goodies that she makes, and the attention that she pays to details.  My Mom would also throw little tea parties for the kiddos.  She still does, but they don't get to happen as often as they used to, what with the kids being in school and off doing various activities.  It's been a little while since I threw a tea party for my daughter and my niece and nephews, and I think I might need to remedy that soon.  Can you guess what it is that made me think, Hmmm, I need to throw a tea party?  The answer is-- a book.  Of course.  A book on how to throw a vintage tea party.  In fact, the book is called The Vintage Tea Party.  It is from Britain.  Since it is British, I am assuming that it is full of perfect recipes and ideas, because those Brits know how to enjoy their tea.  That was one of mine and Alli's favorite parts of London: enjoying High Tea.  My mouth waters just thinking about it.  All the little sandwiches and pastries, the little cakes and other various hor d'ourves.  Yum.


~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...