DGV Nav

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kitchens

I am dying to re-do my kitchen.  Here are some of the spaces that are inspiring to me.

This is the feel and finishes I want for my kitchen.
Someday this is what I want my kitchen to look like.

breakfast nook ... great coffee bar in the background + simple sconce light
Perfect little breakfast space.


I love the really creamy white with bright white subway tile.
Cream cabinets and white subway tile.


Trophy Cup Utensil Holders
The perfect use for old trophies.
Crock used as laundry drop in kitchen - Sarah Richardson
Sarah Richardson uses an old crock for a kitchen towel hamper. Brilliant.
mix of items on kitchen shelves ...
Instead of the upper cabinets on either side of my sink window, I would love to have shelves like these along with the full wall of subway tile.

large subway tile

Minimal kitchen with rustic elements.
I mean really, the combination of sleek and rustic meet and shake hands in this kitchen.
what a happy kitchen!
Isn't this fun? I love the happy colored island. If you tire of yellow, it can easily be re-painted.
Another beautiful kitchen with a table instead of an island.
Stunning.

I adore this kitchen.
This kitchen has it all: Island for prep, and table for dining.



buffet turned island
Isn't this a great idea? A sideboard as an island.
gorgeous kitchen
Huge kitchen with all the trimmings.

If it must be galley, it must be this.
I am not typically fond of a galley kitchen, but this is superb.
Floors.
I am in love with the floors and island.

 Such a beautiful kitchen.
Lovely colors and finishes.
Amazing for a period home
Check out this historically inspired kitchen.
Grey and white kitchen
Such a wonderful contrast of grey and white.
This is from an old House Beautiful and I  absolutely love this combination dining room kitchen.
This kitchen is genius.  Can't you imagine entertaining a small group of friends here in this kitchen/dining room?  Inky blue walls add such a feeling of romance as you cook and entertain at the same time.
blue and white and beadboard
Charming.

My Kitchen:


 There are things that I like about my kitchen:  It is light, bright and huge.  But there are lots of things that need to go:  The drab tile flooring, mis matched appliances, bad lighting and poorly installed counter top.
 Can't you just imagine how lovely this space could be?  I can.  But for now, I will just have to dream about it; and that's okay.  It will mean that much more to me when we get to do it.
This corner of the kitchen is screaming for a built-in banquet and oversize pendant.  I can just see it all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...