DGV Nav

Saturday, June 30, 2012

DIY: Simple Things Around the House

I have been busy doing a few little projects, to freshen my house, that don't cost much:  I re-covered the bar stools in my kitchen with this fun hounds-tooth fabric my mom gave me.  I also touched up the paint.  These chairs take a beating from my kids, so they deserve a little love.
I read the section in last months House Beautiful magazine about little ways to modernize the home.  One little trick is to switch out traditional tapered chandelier bulbs for round ones.  I liked the idea of this funky little swap so I decided to try it out.  Ya know what?  I think it is pretty cool looking!

My husband and I are also sprucing-up our little powder room; I will post that soon.

Have a good weekend!  Maybe try a few little low cost (or no cost) projects of your own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...