DGV Nav

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Favorite Find: Harland Miller

by artist Harland Miller
image via White Cube
My sister-in-law recently sent me a link to a blog post that she thought I would enjoy.  (I did, Becky, so thank you!)  Stefanie of  Brooklyn Limestone did a piece on the Penguin book cover art trend that has been popping up in living rooms and studio spaces around the globe.  The paintings, in case you haven't seen them, are created are by London based artist Harland Miller.
painting by Harland Miller
image via White Cube
\
image via SF Girl by Bay
That is a good example of one of his pieces hanging in a home in England.  I love the scale and the colors of this piece.  Both bloggers from Brooklyn Limestone and SF Girl by Bay mentioned and/or showed a picture that was featured in Elle Decor from actress Courtney Cox's Malibu home.
image via Elle Decor
Geez.  Look at the size of that piece!  Gorgeous, though.  I love the playful nod to the classic Penguin books.   How awesome would one of Miller's pieces be hanging in your library or office?!

image via Flavor Wire
I want this one.  Poe and two penguins?!  Yes please!
image via Flavor Wire
I had to add this one because I am so not a fan of D.H. Lawrence.  I hated Sons and Lovers and The Rocking Horse Winner.  I think D.H. had mommy issues.  Sorry to any fans of Lawrence out there.  Not because of what I am saying about him, but because you are a fan of his work. (Muah ha ha.)

Going along with the book cover as art theme, I thought I would also share some lovely novel inspired t-shirts with you.  I'm pretty giving that way. These are from Out of Print Clothing.  Even the name of the store is clever, no?!
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
I want this to wear when I teach Maniac Magee,
because it is Grayson's favorite book and I
love Grayson.
The Sun Also Rises
Have to include something from Hemingway,
because artist Harland Miller has a piece that pays an homage
(of sorts), to the famed American novelist.

~Lori




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...