DGV Nav

Friday, September 14, 2012

Freaky Find Friday

For this week's Freaky Find Friday, I thought I would celebrate ballet as an elevated art form.  Ballet is such a  graceful, complicated dance, especially when done by trained professionals who dedicate their lives and bodies to perfecting the form.  Degas' beautiful sculptures and paintings capture the graceful movements of a ballet dancer perfectly, and the movie Black Swan helped to make ballet fashion en vogue. 
Degas- L'Etoile
image via WebMuseum
sculptural ball gown by Marchesa
image via
There are many, many more examples out there, because ballet is beautiful.  There are  beautiful ballet inspired pieces for the home (not just for your closet!).  But.  This is Freaky Find Friday, people.  I am not here to bring you beautiful.  I am here to bring you freaky.  Ridiculous.  Absurd.  Bizarre.  Take your pick.  So, without further ado...

Now, doesn't this scream beauty?!  Look at how graceful this 3d ballerina is; she would
truly class up any room of your house.

Oh, just look at her sweet, demure little face...
She is the epitome of beauty and grace.
I especially like the broken fingers.
Maybe she was a performer on Dance Moms?

And last but not least, my favorite piece of the three, and one I am just kicking myself for not shelling out the $25 asking price for...
She's special, isn't she?  Perhaps they are going to be dancing to some kind of masquerade inspired piece.  Perhaps our young dancer has trouble with her vision and must wear these specialized pearl encrusted spectacles in order to see better.
Maybe she is a vigilante ballerina, on the run from the law.  I'm not sure, but I know she has danced her way right into my heart (and my decorating nightmares).


~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...