DGV Nav

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sweet Spot Sunday: Thanksgiving Table Setting


When I dream of the perfect Thanksgiving table this year, I think of a setting that references the past and all things traditional while staying current:  a bit of gold gilt on the glasses and flatware keeps the table looking chic while the brown transferware plates, and platter -as well as the table runner- might have belonged to my grandmother. I like the mix of plates: Traditional dinner plates mix perfectly with the quirky salad plates from Anthropologie.  Also the combination of rustic wood and natural elements contrasting with the glamorous metals makes it interesting and festive.  A few antler candelabras and an oak leaf garland running down the center of the table are all the decorations needed.  These are my picks for this year's celebration!


via feast on the cheap
What do I also want to see on my Thanksgiving table?  I definitely want to try this Tuscan sausage soup.  It looks like the perfect starter in a smaller bowl, of course. This clever blog even breaks down the cost of all the ingredients as well as cost per serving.  Smart and yummy too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...