DGV Nav

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sweet Spot Sunday: Lemon Pancakes with Lemon Syrup

image via 

My brother and sister in law came over the other morning, and my brother helped me whip up some pancakes for us to enjoy.  I had mentioned these lemon pancakes that I've made before, so when they came over, he helped me get breakfast on the table.  This recipe is super easy and pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.


What You Need:

Pancake Mix
Lemon Curd
Syrup
Powdered Sugar

What You Do:
Make your pre-made pancake mix according to the package's directions (so easy, even I can do it- mix and water? Easy!).  Add a dollop of lemon curd (I get mine at Trader Joe's) to the batter and stir, stir, stir.  When I say a dollop, I really mean that you should add as much or as little as you want.  I like a little more, because I like these to be pretty lemony.  (I literally use a large cereal spoon and just load it up and drop it in.)  (Literally is in italics because I am literally saying it like Rob Lowe's character in Parks and Rec.)  (Lots of parentheses in this post, no?)
Cook the pancakes according to the directions.
When finished, you can add a little bit of powdered sugar, some lemon curd, some ginger syrup, or you can make some lemon syrup.  That is super easy and yummy too.  Just heat up some syrup in the microwave or on the stove, and add some lemon curd (start with about a teaspoon and add more syrup or lemon curd according to your taste buds).  Mix, pour over pancakes, and enjoy!


~Lori

1 comment:

  1. Those sound really delicious, my mouth is watering just reading this.

    Happy New Year!

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...