DGV Nav

Saturday, April 27, 2013

DIY Birthday Banner

farm party - Kara's Party Ideas
Pinterest via Kara's Party Ideas
I saw this adorable pony banner on pinterest and thought I would try to duplicate one for Gwenna's pony birthday in June (check out the website, Kara's Party Ideas here for more wonderful party inspirations).  I want it to go on our back gate where the kids will enter for their pony rides.  Here is what I did:
1.   My mom found a cute horse image online and printed it on heavy card stock then cut out the    
      center to make a stencil. 
2.   Starch and iron your fabric before you begin. 
3    Cut out your flag shape.  Have fun with it!  They don't have to be triangles.  
4.   I mixed my own brown paint using tempura paints. Any fabric or multi- purpose paint will work.
5.   Use a stiff paint brush to pounce on the paint-so it doesn't bleed under the stencil. 

You could really do anything you want and make this work for most party themes.  

Here is the beginnings of my banner!  All I need to do now is cut a few slits at the tops of each little flag and string them on to ribbon; lavender ribbon, I think.  I also have one more little surprise I will add and share with you a little later.

Should be cute, right?!  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...