DGV Nav

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Reality of Renovation

Well folks, I have been showing pretty pictures of powder rooms lately and dreaming about wallpaper and light fixtures and flooring but this is what my powder room and laundry room look like now.

It was supposed to be a matter of demoing tile and taking out the toilet and existing vanity but, surprise surprise, when we took out the vanity there was mold all through the drywall.  So out came all the drywall and the project got bigger and will take longer.  I'm fine with this though, especially because I know we are doing what is best for our family's health.

Ugly, right?!  I'm still really excited about the results to come (not so much the process) and the fact that my husband is so handy.  It will be worth it in the end (I hope).

3 comments:

  1. This sounds a little far from any girl's dream renovation so I totally understand why you're not so excited. But with your taste I'm sure it's going to look fantastic in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your renovation struggles, lady. I've been there! Trust that everything is going to look amazing when it's finished (and bonus: no mold!). Can't wait to see!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Yeah, this isn't so much fun right now. Thank you for the encouragement:)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...