DGV Nav

Friday, April 19, 2013

Yellow Wallpaper

Yellow flowers have never been my favorite.  I mean, they are pretty but I like other colors better. It doesn't help that I read Kate Chopin's short story "Yellow Wallpaper" in college (if you've read it, you know that it isn't a cheery read).  BUT, then I saw Sarah Richardson's "Sarah's House" season with her farmhouse.  She uses tons of yellow in the kitchen and bathroom and I just loved it.  I guess I am a yellow convert.  For my powder room/laundry room re-do, I am painting the laundry room cabinets in a dark charcoal grey.  The flooring through both spaces is white, cream and grey stripes and the sink console is a robins egg blue.  Now, nothing goes better with blue or grey than yellow (I also love aubergine).  Here are a few inspirations:

Parkland wallpaper from Thibaut
pinterest via Tangletree_interiors.co.uk
Decor Supplies | Yellow / Grey / White - 30218 - Floris - Harlequin Boutique Wallpaper
pinterest via decorsupplies.co.uk
Floral yellow wallpaper paired with a modern white console
pinterest via lonny.com
chic.
pinterest via theeverygirl
Oh, and I love this dress...
So what do you think of yellow wallpaper?

4 comments:

  1. Yellow has never been my favorite either, but I suppose if it's done right it can be awesome, and these inspo pics are definitely cute! I think it'll look great with the grey and robin's egg blue to balance it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty wallpaper!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wallpaper and that dress is a stunner!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I'm looking into ordering the paper in the first pic (if I can find a good source for it). Have a great weekend!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...