DGV Nav

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day: Classic Movie Dads

As it is Father's Day I hope all of you out there are spending some quality time with the wonderful Dads in your lives.  I thought I would share a few of my favorite classic movie Dads with you today.

via itsawonderfulmovie
Life with Father is such a brilliant little film.  William Powell is so fantastic in it as the red-headed, head (hehe) of his red-headed family.  
via basemetrejects
How could I leave out Andy Griffith?  He is probably my favorite Dad of the bunch.  
via classicmoviechat
I love Spencer Tracy as the harried Father of the bride.  Too great.
via womentakingastand
 I adore James Steward's true to life portrayal of a struggling Dad in It's A Wonderful Life.
 In Penny Serenade Cary Grant fights for custody of their (with Irene Dunn) adopted daughter in an emotional court-room scene that always brings tears to my eyes.

Today I am with my amazing husband and kids in Carlsbad.  My kids couldn't have a better father.  I truly can't say enough about his dedication to our children.
Tonight I get to celebrate with my own wonderful Dad.
Happy Father's Day to all the fantastic Dads in our lives!  

1 comment:

  1. fun photos! I think I've seen every single one! I hope you had a wonderful day with your dad and family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...