DGV Nav

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Still Obsessing: Faux Leather Pants

I stayed home sick the past two days.  I woke up Tuesday morning with a twisting stomach, took a shower, and realized that there was no way in hell I was going to make it through the whole day, being in charge of 30 5th graders.  I had to get sub plans set up, but by the time school started I was safe at home, sick as a dog.  I still wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, so I went ahead and stayed home one more day.  The good that came out of this- surely I must have lost a couple of pounds!
Another good thing, in between sleeping and feeling miserable, I was able to catch up on some blog reading.  Thanks to This Little Street and a post on 5 of her must read blogs, I discovered a new blog that I pretty much fell in love with- A House in the Hills.  Delicious recipes, delicious outfits.
One outfit in particular made me remember just how much I love the faux leather pants look, when done correctly.  (And boy, does Sarah know how to do these correctly!)
image via A House in the Hills
See?  What did I tell you?  Perfection.  I thought I would round up a few more images of faux leather pants done right.
image via
image via Tog + Porter
I love the look of the denim and the casual sweater 'coupled with the pants.  And that purse?  Love!
The furry jacket, though- for me, I probably wouldn't do the leather pants AND the jacket.

image via
I saw this look in People Style Watch and loved it- it looks so cozy and comfy for a fall weekend!


image via We Heart It
See?  So many ways to do it right.
But there are also A LOT of ways to do it so very wrong.  I'm still building up the courage to wear the pair I've had in my closet for months, trying to decide what to wear with them.  That first image, from A House in the Hills, is one of my very favorites so far.  Now I just need to get a jacket similar to that one.  I think I may have found one at Surfdome- maybe I'll be purchasing it in the near future!


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick- oy, that's the worst.

    I agree- faux leather pants are so fun, but you have to find the perfect pair. DO IT! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I'll have to be sure to post pics when I finally do take the plunge!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. Ditto! Not sure I could rock them, but I love them. Love that second picture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...