DGV Nav

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Inspiration: Festive Mantels

If you are lucky enough to have a mantel then you probably give some thought to how you dress it for Christmas (if you celebrate).  I am a fan of simple mantels that support whatever color scheme and feel you have established with your tree and the rest of your house.  Besides your tree, the mantel is the most important focal point in your home around the holidays; here are a few of my favorite mantels this season for some hearth inspiration. 

Christmas
pinterest
This mantel is already decorative enough and all this mantel needed was a bit of sparkle with touches of silver and mercury glass.
mantle
thehomeslice.wordpress.com
This natural pomegranate, berry and mini tree mantel conjures classic Christmas scenes famous in literature like Little Women and The Christmas Carol.  It's simple and honest and warm.
Pretty Christmas mantel by margie
indulgy.com
Nothing conveys the beauty of Christmas better than a multitude of candles.
polishandpatina.blogspot.com
How lovely is this sparkly white and gold mantel?  It is very romantic but not overdone.
hgtv.com
My favorite mantels include narcissus in pretty pots.  I also love the idea of displaying cherished Christmas ephemera.

matterofstyle
I love that the garland goes all the way to the ceiling.
cococozy.com
The best Mantels accentuate the architecture.  I like how this idea plays up the height.
As you can see, the best holiday mantels are the simplest but most thoughtfully executed.

If you have a mantel, how do you dress it for the holidays? 

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had mantel, I always love how they can be decorated. Maybe I will have one when I have my own house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty!! I've started decorating my mantel but these pics gave me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous–if only we had a mantle to festoon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...