DGV Nav

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

French Pharmacy Haul

So recently the Cat and I got back from Paris, where we had a fantastic time walking up and down the streets, visiting museums, eating at Ladurée, and visiting French pharmacies.  Ahhh, French pharmacies, how I love thee.  I kept reading about different products that I had to try, so the first chance we got, the Cat and I ducked into one pharmacy.  And then another, and another, and another.  And I wound up with a a pretty good haul.  
So.  Let's get started, shall we?
First, I got an awful lot of La Roche-Posay products.  My favorite is the Effaclar Duo.  I haven't used most of the stuff that I bought; I am still using the Bliss Youth as We Know It serum, which I love.  LOVE!
Ok, so first off with all of the La Roche Posay products.
1. Effaclar Duo- this seems to be everywhere now, and was recently featured in Allure magazine.  It's good for problem skin, and it can help fade the odd mark.  And I have actually used this product, and I love it.
2. Cicaplast-Baume- I haven't used this yet, but it is supposed to be a really good moisturizer.
3. Effaclar K- Oil Free Clarifying Moisture
4. Thermal Spring Water- I have not used this one yet, because I bought a lot of thermal spring water, but I am loving thermal spring water, let me tell you.
5. Serozinc- This is another thermal spray, with zinc sulfate.  It's purifying and calming, and I love it.
Next up, the Nuxe products.  We had Nuxe bath products in our hotel and we really liked them.  I picked up some lip balm and a travel size set of products so I could try a lot of stuff at once.
1. Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm- pot and stick.  We haven't used the pot yet, but both the Cat and I have used the "lip moisturizing stick" and we like it.
2. The travel set of Nuxe products includes the famed Dry Oil Spray, which, again, I haven't used yet, but have read rave reviews.
I bought a 2 pack of the Klorane dry shampoo, which is easy to come by in the states, but it was a good deal, with buy one, get one free.  And I love me some good dry shampoo, and this is good dry shampoo!
I also got some Homeoplasmine, which I've been using as a lip treatment before bed.  I also used it on a bad bug bite that I got on my leg, and it seemed to heal pretty quickly.
Let's see.  I got some Nurofen gel, which is Ibuprofen in gel form.  I love it.  I haven't been able to find it for sale online.  I had to ask a pharmacist for it.
I also got Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream.  Another night cream that is supposed to be fantastic that I haven't tried yet.  Man, I'm so good at this beauty product review stuff, aren't I?!
I bought a little bottle of Bioderma Crealine, which is a make up remover.  It's all over the internet, how wonderful this is.  My friend Helen got a big bottle and she adores it.  
So anyway, there are a couple of more things that we bought that I didn't write about, seeing as how this is already getting pretty lengthy and I still haven't tried all of the stuff anyway.
What I am really liking, though, is the Effaclar Duo and the thermal water sprays.  They are just so refreshing, especially in this triple digit heat that we have been having.  Speaking of which, the Cat and I are off to Santa Monica for the day, for some pumpkin pancakes and shopping.  Oh yeah, and the ocean.  There's that too!

6 comments:

  1. Haha what a fantastic collection! I'm ashamed to say I didn't make it into the pharmacies on my whirlwind tour earlier this year but I'm hoping I can sniff out some beauties in the Italian pharmacies before I leave! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua : Life in Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you'll have to let us know if you do; Italy is definitely on our list off places to go!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love this post! I loved visiting the french pharmacies, they have such great stuff. Have fun in Santa Monica.

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love foreign pharmacies. The best goodies - jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder French girls are so gorgeous–this stuff is just sitting at their local drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Online Morphine Tablets

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...